Barrington Noon Rotary President Burke Groom welcomed a full room to their weekly meeting that included the awarding of grants to nine area charitable organizations.
Burke encouraged each group to explain what their organization does and the services they provide to the community.
Local organizations that received grants were:
- Barrington Area Conservation Trust who preserves and maintains open lands in the area.
- Barrington Leads provides education and awareness about underage drinking and use of drugs.
- Barrington Police Benevolent Association who provides opportunities for families in need to shop with a cop for back to school and Christmas.
- Career Place that provides support and training for individuals who need help finding employment.
- Barrington Youth & Family Services who provides mental health services and provides programs to youth and families in the community.
- FISH provides rides to elderly and community members who can not drive themselves to important medical appointments.
- FitMS provides therapy and support to individuals with MS and other autoimmune diseases.
- Love Inc that provides beds for children in the community who do not have their own bed
- Ron Wilmering Scout Cabin provides a safe, secure, comfortable and convenient meeting place for area youth organizations.
Each organization had plenty of opportunities for the local community to get involved and help them.